A SALUTE TO OUR
FALLEN HIGH-ENERGY HEROES FOR A LIFETIME OF MEMORIES
- Alexander, David Michael (February 10, 1975):
Original bass guitarist for the
- Angelos, Johnny (November 24, 1984): Vocalist for many, many Detroit
bands; most noticeably the Mighty Quick and the
- Arama, Greg (September
18, 1979): Bass
guitarist for the Amboy Dukes and Ursa
- Asheton, Ronald Franklin (January 6, 2009): Monster guitarist for the
Stooges; also kicked 'em out with the New Order, New
Race, Destroy All Monsters & Dark Carnival. His influence
will be heard for generations to come.
- Asheton, Scott Randolph "Rock Action" (March 15,
2014): Drummer for the Stooges; also kicked 'em out
with the Sonic's Rendezvous Band, plus many other
- Bangs, Lester (April 30, 1982): Wrote the book on rock journalism as
editor & writer for Creem, Rolling Stone &
countless other publications.
- Benjamin, Larry (Late 1980's):
Well known Detroit promo man & Road Manager for
- Brenner, Neil "Meadowlark" (May 25, 2011): One of the original "Famed Warbles", background
vocalists for the Frut.
- Buxton, Glen (September 19, 1997):
Alice Cooper Group guitarist.
- Catarancuic, Harold (Early 2000's):
Original Jagged Edge bassist.
- Clawson, E.G. (July 23, 2003):
Drummer for The Fugitives and Scot Richard
- Colone, Bob (August
23, 1973): Vocalist and drummer for Thomas
- Cubert, Joseph (?, 1991): Mitch Ryder & The
Detroit Wheels guitarist.
- Davidson, Russell Edward "Rusty Day" (June 3, 1982): Vocalist for the Amboy
Dukes and Cactus.
- Davies, Cliff (April 13, 2008): Drummer, producer, arranger and
co-writer during Ted Nugent's skyrocketing solo career; also producer,
chief engineer, and freelance drummer for many others.
- Davis, Michael (February 17, 2012):
Bassist for the
MC5 & Destroy All Monsters.
- Davis, Raymond "Stingwray" (July 5, 2005): Founding member & Bass Vocalist
for The Parliaments,
- Dickerson, Lance (?, 2004): Drummer for Billy C. & The Sunshine and Commander
- Dixon, Dave (May 30(?), 1999): Original WABX "Air
- Fieger, Doug (February 14, 2010): Vocalist, guitarist and songwriter
for Sky & the Knack.
- Finger, Jr., Charles Woodruff "Woody" (February 28, 2001): SRC roadie; Toured with Bruce Springsteen & countless
Over 100 rock tours in all!.
- Fraga, John E. (September 27, 2010):
Original bassist for the
- Fulwood, Ramone "Tiki" (October 29, 1979): Original drummer for
- Gasper, Bob (?,
1992?): Nomads drummer and original member of the
- Gilbert, David Lee (August 1, 2001):
Lead Vocalist for the Amboy Dukes, New
Order & The Rockets.
- Goins, Glen Lamont (July 29, 1978):
Guitarist, Songwriter & jaw-dropping Vocalist for
Parliament and Funkadelic .
- Grimshaw, Gary Michael (January 13, 2014):
Artist extraordinaire for the Grande Ballroom
and many, many other events .
- Guzman, Ed (July 29, 1993):
Rare Earth percussionist.
- Haddad/Michaels, Richard (?, 1977): SRC bassist.
- Harnadek, Steven "The Hawk" (July 19, 2009): MC5 roadie extraordinaire.
- Harrelson, Bobby Neil (?, 199?): Bassist for The Rockets.
- Hazel, Eddie (December 23, 1992): Lead Guitar extraordinaire for
- Hernandez, Danny (?, 2000): Vocalist of The
- Holland, Hugh Henry "Jeep" (March 14, 1998): Producer, Manager & Svengali of
A-Square Productions; Formed A-Square
- Holley, Bob (February 27, 2012): Lead Guitarist for the Frut of
- Honaker, Daniel Carl (July 1, 2009):
Bassist for Bob
Seger's Last Heard/System groups.
- Jaggers, Erik "Mick" (1996):
"lunatic" of the Detroit scene!
- Keith, Warren (1987?): Bossmen pianist & Hank Williams, Jr.
- Knapp, Richard
Terrance "Terry Knight" (November
1, 2004): Grand Funk Railroad Manager &
Svengali; Lead Vocalist of Terry Knight & The Pack; Legendary early
1960's Flint/Detroit DJ.
- Koda, Michael "Cub" (July 1, 2000): Del
guitarist; Songwriter, vocalist & guitarist of Brownsville
Station; Many, many other musical adventures; Blues historian, DJ and
- Koggenhop, Bill (June 13, 2008):
Bassist for Armada, Immunity and many other
- Korinek, George (June, 1987):
Wilson Mower Pursuit rhythm guitarist.
- Kossajda (Koss),
Ronald Jerome (October 16, 2004): Guitarist,
vocalist & songwriter for Savage Grace, The Scarlet Letter
- Kramer, Barry (January ?, 1981): The publisher & guiding light of Creem
- Lamb, Lawrence Palmer (November 30, 2007):
Sax player for the
Gold Brothers and Tribal Sinfonia.
- LaRose, Paul (?,
1995): Guitarist for the
- Leone, David Allen (October 5, 1999):
Kick started the Detroit rock scene in 1964 with the
Hideout Clubs; Formed Hideout Records; Created
Diversified Management Agency, a nationwide tour booking
- Lucas, Ted (?,
guitarist and songwriter for the Spike Drivers and the
- Mack, Rory (November 5, 2011): Lead Guitarist & songwriter for
the Unrelated Segments.
- Magee, Royden W. "Chuch" (July 19,
2002): Oxford native; Road Manager and Guitar tech for Ron
Wood with The Faces & The Rolling
- Michalski, Bob (Mid-1990's): Drummer for the Power of
- Milne, Chris "K-Ray" (December 5,
1996): Lead &
slide guitarist for the Nomads, Bad Luck &
Trouble Blues Band, and many, many others.
- Minnick, Kelly "Kellogg" (October 19, 2002): Guitarist, vocalist & songwriter
for the Frut.
- Minnick, Pat "Pete
the Punk" (?): Member of the "Famed
Warbles", background vocal group for the
- Morgan, Michael J. (March 28, 2008):
Drummer for the
- Pack, Ira W. (October 28, 2009): Jagged Edge guitarist
- Preece, Martin Roy (October 19, 2009):
Roadie for Alice
Cooper, Joe Walsh, Kiss, Bob Seger, Grand Funk,
Charlie Daniels and numerous other famous rock bands; Frut of the
Loom drummer and White Mud prankster.
- Ruzga, Robert Guy (September 26, 2006):
Ted Nugent & The
Amboy Dukes bassist; featured on the ferocious "Survival of the
- Schiavulli, Frank "The Floor Show" (January 23, 1997): Drummer for the
Satellites, the Motorcity Shakers, Tacklebox,
Tim Tam & The Turn-Ons, and many others.
- Sherwood, Don (March 31(?), 2000): Owner of the Sherwood Forest.
- Shider, Garry Marshall (June 16, 2010):
Songwriter & Musical Director (P-Funk All Stars) for
- Smith, Frederick Dewey "Sonic" (November 4, 1994): MC5 guitarist; Founded Sonic's Rendezvous Band;
Married poet Patti Smith;
A true original, the likes of which will never be seen again.
- Somberg, Lenny (?, 1975): Bassist for the Southbound
- Stults, Ron (October 4, 2009): Lead Vocalist & songwriter for
the Unrelated Segments.
- Thulin, Bob ("Bob
E. Soxx") (September 2, 2010): Backing vocalist for the
Frut; proud Vietnam
- Trabandt, Terry Norman (December 28, 2010):
Rationals/Guardian Angel bassist &
- Tyner, Robert W. (Derminer) (September 17, 1991): MC5 vocalist; Journalist, producer and mentor.
- Vail, Jeffrey Charles (December 16, 2005):
Original drummer for
Sonic's Rendezvous Band; Promoted the Knights of the Grande
concerts that financially assisted Grande Ballroom era musicians & their
- Wagner, Richard Allen (Dick) (July 30, 2014): THE essence
of everything that happened in Michigan's 1960s. So much to list - just Google
"Dick Wagner" to get an idea of how much this man accomplished over
the course of 6 decades...
- Wearing, Jon (January 4, 2009):
Kicked 'em out with the Tidal Waves &
- Webb, Craig D. (March 1, 2010):
Frijid Pink and Springwell
- Webber, Dennis (Mid-1980's):
Power of Zeus keyboardist.
- Weisend, Rick "Tim
Tam" (October ?, 2003): Lead Vocalist and
songwriter for Tim Tam & The Turn-Ons.
- West, David Gary "Snidley Whiplash"
(September 10, 2008): Drummer for the
- Wild, Dennis William "Wildman" (May 24, 2012): Backup vocalist & original
"Famed Warble" for the Frut.
- Wilmot, Alan James (September 10, 2005):
Bassist for The
Thyme, SRC & Lighthouse.
- Woodard III, Lyman Elnathan (February 24,
2009): Jazzy, funky
Hammond B3 organist for the Lyman Woodard
- Zillifro, Stanley T. "Madhatter" (January 2, 2011): Legendary
Eastown/Cinderella/All-Around Detroit rock & roll emcee.
- Zettner, Tommy "Zeke" (November 10, 1973): Stooges roadie who briefly
replaced Dave Alexander on bass.